Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pearl Jam Sucks!

Ok, so what's it been like six months since I posted my last blog comment, and let face it nobody is gonna read this one, but  I have been out drinking and I have a few things I wanted to jot down. It's late in the evening and Barbies Fairy Pincess is playing on the TV for no reason. On the ride home tonight I was listening to my XM Radio and started wondering why Lucy was so interested in playing Peal Jam. Its safe to say that I have always hated Pearl Jam and I don't know anybody who has ever really liked them, yet this radio station I pay $12 per month to listen to jams them down my throat almost everytime I turn it on. If your thinking about getting XM and you hate Pearl Jam don't bother. So this lead me to engage in the mental thought process on who were the most overrated bands of all time.

OK, #1 is a given Pearl Jam has always sucked and yet they are really rich, so lets face the facts, life isn't fair. I have yet to like one of their songs, and Eddie Vedder probably has the worst voice in all popular music. They sucked off of Nirvana's coat tails, only one problem, they had no talent.

#2) This one was a bit of a toss up, but number three did set some trends, even though their music was very boring. With that said in my opinion my the #2 most overrated band is "The Dave Matthews Band". These guys were boring from day one, and yet yuppie hipster radio DJ's think they are the shit, please! I would ratther loose my hearing then be subjected to having to listen to nothing but "The Dave Matthews Band".

#3) The Doors, let face it these guys were all fizzle and no substance. They brought the synthesizer to rock music, which they should all be shot for. Their music was all pretty boring. During a period of time when bands like the Who, were struggling to make it, the doors were getting all the publicity they could hope for and then some. I challange you to name me one really cool Door's song that has stood the test of time (even on a Classic Rock Station).

No comments: